Wearing a saree is an art in itself, and can seem intimidating to those who are not familiar with this traditional Indian garment. However, with a little practice and some helpful tips, anyone can learn how to wear a saree with ease.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to wear a saree:
- Start by wearing a well-fitted blouse and a petticoat that matches the saree. The petticoat should be tied tightly around the waist, with its lower end resting on the ankles.
- Tuck one end of the saree into the petticoat at the navel, and drape it around the waist, taking it towards the left.
- Make pleats of around 5-6 inches in width and tuck them into the petticoat, slightly towards the left side.
- Take the remaining saree, drape it over the left shoulder, and bring it around the back.
- Adjust the saree to ensure that it falls evenly at the front and back, and secure it with a safety pin at the shoulder.
- Make pleats with the remaining saree and tuck them into the petticoat at the center, slightly to the right.
- Drape the pallu over the right shoulder and adjust it to the desired length.
- Accessorize the saree with traditional jewelry, such as bangles, earrings, and a necklace, and complete the look with a pair of high heels.
By following these simple steps, you can learn how to wear a saree and look stunning at any occasion.
Subscribe to get more tips for saree and blouses.